Placed at the foothills of the Orobie, the township of Scanzorosciate (Scanzo and Rosciate, two villages without interruption) boasts one of the most rare and excellent food products in Italy.
Among its hills comes up the Muscat of Scanzo D.O.C.G., a straw wine with an exciting taste.
In these days took place the 8th “Festival of the Muscat and of Scanzo flavours”, renewed and enriched over the years and where this nectar can be tasted.
The event, going on every year, deserves a trip, and gives the opportunity to know an extraordinary and hospitable land and not only its wine.
Muscat of Scanzo or Scanzo D.O.C.G.:
It is the smallest D.O.C.G. in Italy about 31 ha (76,6 acres) entirely included in the territory of Scanzorosciate.
It is a straw wine obtained by the grapes of the homonymous autochthonous vine only, just planted in the hilly area of Scanzorosciate.
- 100% grape variety Muscat of Scanzo
- after a drying period of at least 20 days (from 20 to 50) you obtain a straw wine spanning the natural alcoholic strength 15 to 18
- the ageing lasts at least two years in steel casks
- ruby, with amber sparkles after some year
- characteristic scent, that changes from floral to spiced or to fruity depending on the production area
- the predominant taste is of spices, Marasca cherry, clary sage, soft fruits, vanilla and ripe plum
It is a meditation wine, not to be drunk but to be savoured to catch the sensation it offers
For more info:
Interesting package tours are proposed with the collaboration of PROMOSERIO
pacchetti turistici moscato (.pdf)